Friday, March 5, 2010

Story Time

It's a routine.  We eat lunch and then sit on the couch for story time.  Why do I do it this way?  They get full from lunch and then sit (nice and tranquil-like) to listen to stories.  It basically lulls Jerrica into her nap time and Ashley to be a little calmer.

Story Time2
Story Time3

We LOVE the Fancy Nancy books!
Story Time8ED
When the older kids are home from school sick, they too join us for story time.  We have a few family favorites.  This one is a favorite right now with Ashley.  It is such a clever little story.  One of the kids had me read it to their class when it was their reading day.  You can see it here - The Wolf Who Cried Boy

wolfboy
  Jerrica is always doing her own story time with her babies. 
Story Time5
She loves to line her babies at the base of the stairs and then read a pile of books to them.  I usually get annoyed at having to step over the books and babies, but I know that this stage will soon disappear and I will miss it.  I snapped a picture one day last month of her little set-up.  She freaks out when we try and clean it up before she has read ALL the books in the pile.

Story Time6
I guess I'm like Jerrica, I LOVE to read to MY babies!

1 comment:

T.Irwin said...

We used to play "church" and line up all our dolls and stuffed animals on the stairs. We would then be the music director, and the bishop and the speaker.
We used the vacuum as the microphone.
These pictures reminded me of those days. :)