Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patricks Day!

We LOVE holidays around here!  They just seem to add a little extra fun to the monotony of the regular routine.  I made the green lunches -
St Pats2
Target's Dollar section added a little fun to the mud room.  I bought socks to lay by the girls' shoes.
St Pats
Target's Dollar section also added a new little decor to the house.
St Pats5
And just in case you are wondering Stephen,
I AM Irish ...
Holidays come and go.  It's always sad to take down the decor -
St Pats3
St Pats4
But onward to the next holiday, which is sneaking up on us.  Easter is early this year. 
Any fun plans for YOUR St. Patricks day? 

6 comments:

Jillinda said...

I just love your blog. It is full of fun family ideas, that I think are so great. I just have 2 little ones (4 & 2) but I love trying to plan fun things for the holidays. We had Larry the Leprechaun come visit us last night and he left a lot of fun green surprises (the $1 spot at Target is great).

T.Irwin said...

I love your holiday decorating and gifting ideas. Very clever.
My favorite package I got on my mission, was from my cousins on for St Patrick's day...everything in the box was green: jello & pudding mix, candy, money, etc.

Kerry said...

One of my friends tipped over all the chairs, threw coins around, baked special green breakfast treats and even put a little green food coloring in the toilets! My guys are still a little too young to figure it all out...but these are all great ideas for next year!

Unknown said...

Love the money idea! That would be fun to get a little green that way. Maybe I could hide a green dollar bill under their dinner plates tonight and tell them that they will ALL be "lucky" tonight.

Steve, can you hide a $100 bill under MY plate?!?

The Dixons said...

I sent my kids with a green lunch today also, they had gold in there too (golden delicious apples and twinkie)... I had seen your blog awhile ago and loved the idea. It was also class pic day and they said no green shirts... really. sorry my kids did. We had green shamrock pancakes for breakfast and worm casserole colored green tonight for dinner (green jello and lime koolaid too). I love your blog. Wish you lived closer to take pics of my kids.

Kerry said...

Just recently heard another cute idea. My nephews went to the beach and found big rocks. They brought them home and painted their very own "Blarney Stones"!