Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My S.W.A.T. Team

I will get to my SWAT Team, but I have to back up first.

On Monday I was able to spend a day serving.  After we played basketball in the morning, nine of us went over to one of our basketball friend's house to help her pack.  She caught her husband cheating on her.  He WAS a reverend at the time.  They have three kids and have been married 20 years.  It's just REALLY sad.  She is such a beautiful lady and has such a fun personality.  Her husband obviously isn't thinking.  I don't know why all the men who cheat actually have really pretty wives.  (I guess I won't have to worry about Stephen cheating)

Anyway back to my story, we all brought different toppings for a big salad bar buffet.  It was divine!  And then we started packing and talking.  As I worked I imagined my friend doing all of the work by herself.  How long that would have taken her.  She has a HUGE house!  AND how sad to pack all your stuff filled with all of the memories by yourself.  Instead we got a ton done by working together and we had fun doing it.

I LOVE service it ALWAYS benefits those serving and those receiving.

My family needs to do more service for others and for each other.  I decided to start a SWAT team Service Without A Trace.  I had heard a fabulous talk once where the speaker was involved in a Service Without A Trace group.  I think we can talk of projects and ways we can serve others on FHE nights, and then do them.  I'm even going to use the next FHE to draw secret family members names for each of us to serve during the week. 

I know that my SWAT team is going to learn so much by serving others and hopefully be able to bless and help those we are serving.

1 comment:

T.Irwin said...

SWAT sound like a really great idea.

Regarding the cheating husbands: I've learned that it isn't looks at all. It's their own insecurities and inablities that get men looking elsewhere.

I'm not sure you know this, but my parents divorced (two years ago) after 39 years of marriage. My dad had multiple affairs and one that lasted 10 years. We only recently discovered his 20 year old daughter! It was shocking and still really hurts. I'm sure your service to your friend was exactly what she needed for the time.