Monday, March 8, 2010

Love Letters Book

During the month of February Katherine would post a famous love letter each day until Valentine's Day.  I LOVED to check it every night and was sad when she quit posting.  You can start at her first love letter post HERE.

I decided that it would be fun to print some of my favorites out and modge podge them into a chip board book.  I also decided that it would be fun to add some from my dad, grandpa and a few other ancestors.  If they were all in a book that could be set out during Valentines, then they would actually be read.

We are bombarded by divorce and cheating that it is so nice to get glimpses into "love" in a marriage.  I feel that love letters express sooo many emotions and feelings toward another.

So back to the little book.  I ended up getting a square seven inch board book from the Dollar Store and then printed up the pages that I had made in photoshop.  I just love how it turned out.

Love Letters3
The majority of the letters are from the husband or boyfriend.  I know that women write just as many if not more to their love, BUT I don't think that men tend to hang on and treasure things as much as women do.  I also found that the majority were written when they were away from each other.  It is so true that "the heart grows fonder when it is apart from the one it loves."  My Grandpa Jones had written to my Grandma Jackie while he was working in Summitville in the mines.  My dad's letter is when he was in Arizona and my mom and I were still in Colorado.  Here are a few of the pages...


Love Letters7
Love Letters6
 Love Letters2
One of the ones from my Grandpa Jones had a profound thought, "The more I can do for you the happier I will be"  That should be MY motto for MY marriage.

Today emails are replacing letters.  Stephen used to travel a lot to Singapore.  He would write the sweetest emails.  AND I didn't save them!!!!  What was I thinking!!!  I told him that he needs to go back to Singapore to miss me and then needs to write me a letter.  We will see how that goes ....

Thanks again Katherine for inspiring my little Love Letter Book!

4 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I LOVE this idea. Your book turned out so cute!!

Unknown said...

Your book turned out so darling. And the personal family love letter you shared was fabulous!

Tanya said...

That's a sweet letter from Dad. It's weird to think that he use to talk all lovey dovey like that.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a neat book!