Monday, March 15, 2010

Kaylee Had a Birthday

K Birthday2
She turned NINE!
K Birthday7
The little girls and I made her a sunflower cake, thanks to Family Fun's IDEA.  We flattened and cut starbursts for the petals.  We also had to eat a few mini chocolate chips  because the flowers didn't need too many.
K Birthday3
K Birthday4

We have a few birthday traditions.  We always decorate the house with balloons and streamers the night before, AFTER the birthday person goes to bed.  We also alternate friend party years with family parties.  This year was a family party for Kaylee.  She chose to go bowling, so that's what we did tonight.  We did let her bring a friend because the friend is moving to Texas on Wednesday.  Kaylee is very sad that she is moving.
K Birthday6_edit-1 copy
Kaylee is one of my sweetest kids.  She is like a second mommy to the little girls.  She is very thoughtful.  Many a night she brings in ice water to put on my nightstand for me.  She is also very athletic.  She loves to run, play basketball and soccer.  She has a feistiness that helps her in sports.  She loves art and can sit at her desk in her room creating for hours.  Piano is another love right now.  She loves the fast, spirited songs to play.  If you ask her what she wants to be when she grows up she will say, "I want to be a mom, nothing else, just a mom."  Another favorite thing that I enjoy about her is her infectious giggle.
Kaylee Green

And one last picture of my Kaylee girl.  She loves to wear make-up and do make-up with her sisters.  She tells me that she needs to practice for when she is a teenager.  Here is one from last month when I did a little make-up day with the girls.
Kaylee Shoot
We LOVE you Kaylee and are soooo LUCKY to have you in our family!!!

5 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I love the cake! You did a great job!!
I can just hear her giggle when I look at the one photo.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLEE!!!

Doug and Bethany said...

She looks So grown up with all that make up on! Great job on the cake..what a fun idea with the starbursts! You really are super mom! Teach me all you know!

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

i love the cake too! we're gonna have to try that one around here! she's such a doll!

Rachel Berry said...

Love the cake and that is one Gorgeous Girl!! Hope she had a fabulous birthday.

Ps. I got my goodies in the mail. THANK YOU THANK YOU!! How did you know I love chocolate and toffee? Your a girl after my own heart. I've been playing with the textures and they are a BLAST, who knew they were so easy to use?!?


Thanks again,
Rachel ;)

T.Irwin said...

I love the picture with her and the candles on the cake....really cute!

And the picture with makeup - EEEK! She looks so grown up in that picture - I can see her as a teenager! That's must be so sureal!

Happy birthday do Kaylee.