Saturday, March 27, 2010

Black and White Photos

I remember years ago when I would buy black and white film because I loved the look and that's what you had to do to get black and white pictures.  I would fill up an entire roll and then only like a couple of the pictures.  It seems like some pictures look really good in black and white whereas others, not so much.  I LOVE this day and age that we live in where we don't have to use black and white film to get black and white pictures.  I LOVE that I can run different actions creating a different feel to each picture.

Today I had my camera out studying something and Ashley and Rebecca came in fighting.  Ashley was claiming that she was Hannah Montana with her guitar and the mean older sister was right there in her face reminding her that she was 'just' Ashley Thompson and NOT Hannah Montana.  Of course there were tears and drama, until Rebecca left and I let Ashley pretend that she really was Hannah Montana.

I loved these two pictures.  But I loved even more that I could change them into black and white.

Ashy

  Ashy2

I am amazed at how cheap photos are now.  With digital cameras we don't have to buy film, we don't have to process pictures that are duds and won't turn out, and processing is even cheaper than it used to be.  I took a lot of pictures during those film years, but I dare say that I take a TON more now in this digital era.

One more quick photography thing.  I just found this site and LOVED the textures.  It is Shadow House Creations.  Go check it out and download some of his fun textures - they're FREE!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Oh our Ash..what a character!

I also liked your ideas for "Home Theater" & the Alligator Farm pics.

T.Irwin said...

I agree with your assessment :D

I take WAY more pictures now than I ever did before. I took a lot before, though. But it was a bit of a crap shoot. Even when you thought you had the best shot, it would be blury or the color didn't come out quite right. and sometimes it was perfect. I love that I can see right away if I need to retake a picture.

These are really great b&w shots.

Anonymous said...

I love Ashley, she's the best.


Dalton