Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rock Climbing

I got my kids really tired on Saturday, I mean REALLY tired.  They had basketball and soccer games (Nathan even played in three games!), but after the games instead of resting we headed out to go rock climbing.

I just couldn't resist ending the day at City Rock in downtown Springs.  It is an amazing place.  It also happened to be free for the weekend, and at $20 a person (rate with a harness) our family has to bank on the free days.  The boys took friends so that would have been $200 for us if it hadn't been free.  That's the problem with big families, the cost adds up quickly.  I figured that if we went at the end of the day after games there would be less people.  Luckily I was right the kids walked right in and started climbing.  They didn't stop until two hours later when City Rock was closing.

They had sooo many climbing lines and climbs to choose from with plenty of people to help. It was nice to have all the kids going at once instead of taking turns and waiting.  Sometimes they even raced each other.  Here is a picture from City Rock's website, of the main wall when they were building this facility. 

RockThere is an overlook to look down on this main wall with climbing walls and caverns that you can climb without harnesses.  Here is another picture from their site.  I tried to get Stephen to do this tunnel.

rock2OK Enough advertising for City Rock - on to MY pictures....

Kaylee was like a little Spider Woman.  She could scale the walls soooo fast.

Rock Wal10_edited-2 Jacob was quite sweaty and red from climbing some of the harder ones.  He did ones that I would NEVER dream of doing.

Rock Wal5I loved seeing the toes on the little girls curving and gripping to help them climb.

Rock Wal6

Ashley was all over the place, is that any surprise?

Rock Wal3_edit-1 

Jerrica loved the ring swings.

Rock Wal8_edited-2 

This is my favorite picture of the day -

Rock Wal2

 

Little hands clinging to rocks and NOT clinging to me.

Rock Wal7_edit-1

Rock Wal9

Rock Wall

The kids had a BLAST, however today there are MANY sore bodies and we aren't feeling quite as strong as we did yesterday.

1 comment:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

GREAT pictures Shauna!! I wish we could have gone with you guys. It looks like a fun place