Sunday, January 31, 2010

It Takes a MONTH

I'm getting smarter as I'm getting older.  I've decided that I need to go back and do this motherhood thing all over.

I have learned that you have to start a month ahead to get ready for the next month.  And let me tell you why I think this is so important.

  • Holiday library books are all gone if you wait.
  • All the CUTE holiday decorations have left the store's shelves
  • The fun activities for the kids NEVER happen because it's too hard to throw it all together
  • Packages reach the intended recipients AFTER the holiday

Are you catching the vision.  It took me quite a few years to learn this, but can I just say that life and holidays are so much easier when you have been planning ahead.  Valentine's is especially tricky because two weeks into the month, "It's Valentines Day"  I finished up the Valentines packages this last week and the kids' are working on their cards for the packages tonight.

Valentines They were fun packages to put together and mixed with the kids' sweet notes, I'm excited for those receiving them.

I also checked out my favorite Valentine's books that we don't have from the library early last week.

I have even collected all the goodies to go in the kids mailboxes each day.  Now there is no stress each night as to what goes in them.  Plus the stores still had the stuff on their shelves.  One fun little thing for their mailboxes is Jill's bookmarks.  You have to check out how cute they are.  And yes, they are made and ready to put in the mailboxes.

I just love starting a little early!  It really relieves stress so that the things I DO forget about I have time to deal with!

No comments: