Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend UPdate

Thursday Stephen and I went on a fun date with the Madsen's.  We went out to dinner.  Then to the theater to see -

12AngryMen
I LOVED how small the theater was and the stage was in the middle between the audience.  The play was really good!  We ended the evening visiting over dessert.  Thanks Madsen's!


Friday I went with one of my most hilarious friends to see this -


LovelyBones
Yes it's sad and serious, BUT I kept laughing so hard at all of my friend's antics.  My cheeks hurt from laughing by the end of the night.  Some people are just so quick witted and clever with words.


Then Saturday looked ugly.  I started to get an ulcer just looking at the calendar.

Calendar
We had SIX games to go to and of course all of them were at different places.  Rebecca and I went to Emma's baptism in the morning.  Before we left we made her a little CTR necklace.
Necklace
Then Saturday night our family went over to the Wright's for dinner and games.  They have seven children.  We had so much fun because they have kids every age for my kids.  I was also VERY grateful to not have to worry about dinner after such a busy day. 


When the day was over I thought about the many emotions I felt throughout the day.  The peace at the baptism.  The competitive fire during the close games.  The sadness at still missing my Ashley.  The pure joy watching my kids interact and play games at the Wright's.  It truly was a day filled with many different emotions because of the various settings!

4 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

You are a VERY busy momma!!!

Unknown said...

Please share how you made that adorable ctr necklace. My daughter turns 8 in september and I would love to suprise her with one. I hope you had a restful Sunday to recover from you Super Saturday. My kids are not quite old enough to be that busy. I am sure it will happen before I know it.

Rachel S. Smith said...

I know how that feels at times. There are a few days a month on our calendar like that...it's all I can do to just get through THAT one crazy day, but the night after it is all over and I am SO relieved!

Love the necklace, and I heard you got to see MY Ashli! So fun that you guys get to run into each other!

Just a heads up...from now on if you make anything and send the ideas on to your sisters, just CC me on the email...I WANT everything that you make!

Enjoy your trip this week!

marisa said...

My niece turns 8 in Oct and I would love to make her a necklace..please share! I love reading your blog.