Friday, January 29, 2010

Valentine Quotes

Quotes
A friend just asked for my love quotes and so I thought that I would share them.  Quite a few years ago I made these love quotes for Stephen.  There is one a day for the entire month of February.  Every year they find their way into a different box or basket.  Heaven forbid if I toss or throw anything out!
Last year we would draw one out at dinner and talk about the quote.  The girls are always, "That is soo beautiful, I hope a boy tells me that someday" whereas the boys are like, "Why would anyone say that to someone else?!?"  And yes some are quite dreamy/sappy -
   "If I had a single flower in my garden for every time that I think of you, I could walk forever in that garden" - Unknown
But some are deep and fun to discuss -
    "Where there is love there is life." - Gandhi
    "Love and you shall be loved" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Some are poems.  And some are scriptures or quotes from talks.  At any rate they are a fun little basket of love thoughts!  Comment or email me if you want a copy of the list.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was in college, my mom made a basket full of quotes, Bible verses, or just "I love you" notes. Whenever I was lonely or homesick, I would open some of my notes. One day, I came back to my dorm to find my roommate on my bed reading my notes. She was ill and very homesick, and Momma's little notes had helped her feel better! My husband went out west for a summer before we were married and I made a similar basket for him. Love this idea!

Angie said...

I would love a copy of your "Valentine quotes" :)

Middlemiss said...

I would love a copy.
Thanks, Happy Valentines!

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Can I have a copy too??

Love,
Kris

sharingheritage.com said...

Would you send me a copy please? That sounds wonderful!

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

okay...i want a copy too :) i'm putting together our "dates" and i thought it would be fun to include one in each package! thanks!

Paula said...

I'll take one, too, please! Thanks and Happy Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

I love this idea! Could I get a copy of your valentines quotes?

Unknown said...

I sent out an email with the quotes to all those that I had an email for. Please send me an email to ssjt@juno.com if you didn't get the quotes.

Ginny Clark said...

me too :) I'd love a copy
williams.gk@live.com

Stuart and Kimber said...

I'd love a copy of the list! Thanks so much.

toysfam@gmail.com

the W* family said...

I know it's a little late, but could I get a copy of the quote list?

Thanks so much!

Mom said...

Shauna, resend me your valentine quotes.somehow I lost them from the email you sent me.

Darth Mama said...

I would love a copy of your quotes. I would like to use them next year. It is a great idea!
darthkoarise@yahoo.com

Domanique said...

That is such a cool idea, do you think I could get a copy of your valentines quotes.
dom.glazier@gmail.com

hayley said...

I just came across your blog and I LOVE it!! You have such great ideas and fun stuff that you do with your kids. My favorite so far is the monster tithing jars. I would love a copy of your valentine quotes. Thanks for sharing all your great ideas! What kind of camera do you use? Your pictures are so good!

hayley said...

oops, i forgot to leave my email address.
mrspotts0817@yahoo.com

Mark and Heather said...

I know this is a bit late (I just found your blog and am thoroughly enjoying it!), but could I get a copy of the quotes? Thanks!

heather.wadsworth@gmail.com

Loves Blue said...

I would love your list of Valentine Quotes--such a cute idea! My email is: sewblue2002@hotmail.com Thanks for all of your very useful and fun ideas. I love your photography!

terryandkori said...

I would love a list of your Valentine quotes if they're handy. Don't know why I didn't see this last year when I was looking at your blog. Thanks!

terryandkori@earthlink.net