Monday, January 11, 2010

Favorite Gifts

Thought that I would post a couple favorite gifts from Christmas.  It seems like every year there are a few that surprise me with how neat they really are.  The first one was the book I got for Jacob this year.
Car Trip4
Have you read this?  Have your teens read this?  Jacob devoured it on our trip.  It was driving me nuts that he kept reading instead of talking with relatives.  Then Stephen picked it up while we were still in Washington and he too, devoured it.  As we traveled through Utah I bought a copy for my nephew who LOVED it, and declared it his new favorite book.  SOOO as we were driving back to Colorado I decided to pick it up and see what it was all about.  I read a few pages and couldn't put it down!  I read all the way home and kept reading into the night once we got home until I finished it.
The author just develops the story and characters so quickly that you can't put it down.  There are twists and turns.  She is just an amazing author.
Check it out here - The Hunger Games

The other gift that was a hit is the Project Runway design projection kit.  Rebeccas ALWAYS loves to draw dresses with different designs.  This kit has different discs with different dresses, skirts, tops and accessories on each disc.  You put the disc in, it projects down on your paper and then create your outfit, switching out your discs as you go. 
Dress Design2
Dress Design
You can check it out here - Project Runway Fashion Design Projector Kit

Over the Christmas break quite a few aunts, cousins, mom, and grandma tried it out.  Rebecca even designed Aunt Erin's wedding dress for June.  I love when gifts surprise me and are a hit!

6 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

My Oldest Jentry is dying to get his hands on the Hunger Games Books. I should try and find them for him for his birthday on Wednesday.

And the P. Runway kit is awesome I saw them at Wal-mart during Christmas time. I should go and look they may be on clearance now.

I'm getting ready to put together a little bag. Should be interesting with my sewing skills!

:)Rachel

Annie Reed said...

There is a second book out to the hunger games. Its called Catching Fire. The funny thing is I thought about suggesting it to you a couple of months ago but decided it maybe wasnt in the catagorie of best books so didn't. Anyway the second book to the hunger games is just as good and the last of the trilogy will come out next fall.

Pam said...

found your blog by Lorie @ {be different...act normal} and I have spent the last 30 min reading old posts... just wanted to tell you i love.your.blog! :) New Follower...

Teresa said...

I will have to check this book out for my 13 year old. It looks really good! As for Project Runway, I remember growing up with something similar to this but dang if I can remember what it was called:( My sisters and I were constantly changing the interchangeable slates.

Berly said...

WHAT A FUN GIFT. Kaylee would love that!!

Bonnie @ The Boatwright Family said...

Thank you for the recommendations! My nieces will love the Project Runway kit and my oldest son will love the book. Always great to hear about new authors (and series!)