Thursday, January 28, 2010

Idea Room Projects

Tanya came over last week and we did our little count down blocks in black and white.
Countdown
I guess there still are uses for my scrapbook paper.

The other project that I saw on the Idea Room was her Valentine wreath.  When I first saw it I thought WOW, but that looks a little time consuming so it's probably NOT going to happen. 
However the majority of the week are "No Screen" days, which means I have kids asking, "what can I do?...."  This especially happens with my older girls.  SO one night when I went to run errands I grabbed the felt and styrofoam heart thinking this would be a fun and easy project for THEM to do.  I showed them the instructions and let them have at it.  I was thinking that it probably wouldn't be "perfect", but fun for them to do.  Little did I know that you can't really mess this project up.  You just stick in your folded circles here and there and it is truly beautiful.  They finished about 3/4 of it and thought they were done.  That's when I stepped in and we finished IT!
Heart
Amy, I'm sure glad that you find and share sooo many fun ideas because we sure LOVE to do them!

5 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

It turned out really cute! I am sure the girls are very proud to see it hanging up!

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Yeah! They did a great job! Your kids are adorable. I hope everything goes well with the "lump" on her head! Your countdown blocks turned out great as well. Thanks so much for the kind words and the links!

Rachel Berry said...

That really is stinking cute! They did such a fabulous job! Might have to do this little craft with my kids.

:)Rachel

Anonymous said...

It turned out perfect! So festive! Hey...where can I find the idea for the countdown blox? I checked out "the idea room" blog but didn't see it.....hope Jerrica is okay! Love...

Frogs-n-Butterflies said...

So pretty!!! I'm going to try that!!!