Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kids' Photo Books

I have been way busy organizing photos, my blog book, and the kids' school scrapbooks.  I saw this idea last year on Sherelle Christensen's blog and LOVED it!  Here is her link to the idea -  http://sherellechristensen.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/02/soive-told-you-that-i-have-finally-come-up-with-a-way-to-satisfy-myself-i-love-scrapbooking-both-digital-and-paper-but.html#comments
Book2
You can slurp an entire folder of pictures in a matter of minutes into Blurb and then print them out into a book.  When I download photos I have a folder for each month which then goes into that year's folder.  I then have a folder for each of my kids' for the year.  So all I had to do was slurp the folders for each of my kids.
After the slurping you can then go through and decide the sizes of the photos and where you want them in the book.  I tried to just keep it chronological.
Book3
Book5
Some have more than just the 8 pictures, and some are full page spreads.
Book4
I KNOW that my kids NEVER see some of the pictures I take.  This way they have all the pictures of 2009 and can actually look at them.  I then save the folder to disc and know that all the pictures contained in this book can be found on their 2009 disc. 
And yes I still have scrapbooks for each of the kids.  I will have to share what those are in another post.  There is organization over here at the Thompson's, it's just getting it all caught up.  I was jealous when my sister Alesha announced last week that she is completely caught up on her scrapbooks of 2009. 
At least I have all of my kids pictures books done.  But then again, that wasn't too difficult!
Here is the back of Ash's book -
Book0

Now to just get each of the kids' scrapbooks all caught up!

5 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I LOVE this idea! What a fun book for Ash. She has so many different expressions!!

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

i love it too! such a great idea! now i'm dying to see your scrabpbooking...i've changed up my way of doing things and thought it best to just print my blog but the kids don't reall want all that i put in there...love the idea of making one book for each with all of their photos! genius strikes yet again! how do you print your blogs again? i remember you mentioning steven was printing them...is there a link via the blog...any info would help :)

Doug and Bethany said...

yay! i'm so glad you finally posted about these. they are so cute and such a fun idea!

sharingheritage.com said...

Have you ever heard of Heritage Makers? I've been following your funny posts and awesome pictures for a while and KNOW you'll love it. You can create a free account at www.SharingHeritge.com or learn more at http://www.youtube.com/user/HeritageMakers#p/u/8/f-VN9uRk23c Just wanted to share since I know you'd love this! Thanks

Shari Ü

amber said...

Who do you recommend using? :)