Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Guest Post

I'm guest posting today on www.SimplyModernMom.com.  She asked me to share more about the date packets.  For those of you wanting to know what some of the dates were that are in them - go check it out!

AND for those of you here from her site, take a minute to check out my other husband ideas.

AND mental note to self, take more pictures of ME, instead of staying behind the camera!  I didn't really have a picture of Stephen and I that was recent!  The one I used was taken by one of my kids with THEIR camera.

4 comments:

No Longer 25 said...

Hi there,
Just came over from SMM to have a look - love the envelopes idea!
Jade

Anonymous said...

Shauna,
Love your idea! Not only is it nice to have it all planned AND paid for, but it keeps you accountable to actually do it. As we all know, life can get in the way and even our best intentions often don’t happen. I love the part of your children enjoying seeing Mommy and Daddy get dressed up to go out together. Having been married for 31 years, our children are all grown now, but when they were little they loved our regular Monday night dates as much as we did. In the teen years they would be concerned something was wrong if we had to miss a week. Date nights aren’t just for us – they’re setting an example for the next generation. I look forward to hearing more from you! Thanks for sharing Shauna with us Tiffany!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

just came here from SMM. I love your date night idea.

oh and how can you possibly have 6 kids? I have two and I look like I'm 101 years old. are your sure it's not just pretend?

T.Irwin said...

I read your post on SMM and LOVED LOVED LOVED your idea!!! I don't have kids and it's hard. We work full time at the hospital, I work a 2nd job and he takes care of his Mom when she needs help. It's hard to make the time no matter what's happening in your life. I love that every month is thought out, simple and pre planned! Love it!