Friday, July 30, 2010

The Name Shauna

Usually Ashley is on my Naughty list, but today after a sweet conversation she shot straight to my Nice list.

"Mom, can I change my name to Shauna when I grow up?"

"Why do you want to do that?"

"Because I think Shauna is the best name for a mom, and I want to be a mom when I grow up"

I was thinking how I really DO love that girl! 

However, a few minutes later she did something and I was yelling at her and chasing her to time out as she tells me ..

"You are the most bad mom ever!"

Uh ya, that took her right back to my Naughty list!

5 comments:

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

Haha, love how kids change their minds so fast. It's like shiny object syndrome to the extreme!

Teachinfourth said...

It seems I have that problem, too, with my students. I always tell them, "I don't mind if you hate me now, because you are going to love me again in an hour."

I'm always right.

Valeri said...

Hilarious, and so well described. Love it. Aren't kids the greatest?

Janessa said...

You seem like such a perfect mom. It makes me feel better to know that even Shauna yells at her kids sometimes too. I still think you're pretty close to perfect though:)

Shauna said...

Well, that's good to know! I started following your blog because I stumbled across it and noticed that we have the same name....Shauna Rae :-) Although, THIS Shauna isn't near as crafty and amazing as you are....I guess a name isn't everything.