Sunday, July 11, 2010

Coley Camping

My dad asks EVERY year, "What weekend are you coming down to go camping?"  And EVERY year we squeeze in a fun trip up Conejos Canyon.  Dad LOVES to go here.  We camp down below by the river.  The huge mountains on each side of us are gorgeous to look up at.

Camp

My Uncle Kevin built a cabin on the back side of the mountain.  It overlooks a meadow with a little creek.  May I mention a PERFECT meadow for snowmobiling.  I'm thinking that I need to take Stephen back to the cabin for our August anniversary!  Here is a corner of the cabin with the pretty meadow below.

Camp2

When we camp with my parents, we eat a lot!

Camping13 Camping5

We ALWAYS get rained on.  Some see it as a quick drink.

Camping15 Camping14

Others are grossed out by the drinking of rain water ...

Camping11

We play board games.

Camping4

We play in and by the river.  This year the kids found a log that worked perfectly as a teeter totter.

Camp3Camp6

Camping16

We play pretend in the forest and in the tent.

Camping17

We snuggle and hear scary stories at night.  Grandma Charla usually has some good ones but this year Aunt Kristy's story topped her!

Camping18

We do have fun and I'm glad that dad keeps us doing this year after year!

12 comments:

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

Wow, what a fun time! I seriously looks like you had a blast. What a wonderful way to make family memories and get some time away from everything together. You are helping me to realize I need to embrace camping (my current camping is Motel 6, ha!)

Corina said...

Awesome pictures, as always. Looks like the perfect place to be with family!

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

so neat! love that he insists every year...makes sure it gets done! love your parents! so many precious moments together as a family!

Dana said...

What a beautiful place to camp and enjoy the sweetness of family!

holt said...

hi leeza here ... delighted to share top 15 splitting tools reviewed read here for better understanding and make your camping full of joy..
thanks

Unknown said...

I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. https://theraksa.com/best-camping-stools-reviews/

Saqib said...

Really appreciated the idea of camping that way, however in my mix of six must-have these

Gamber Machete said...

Hi, Hope all is well with you. First, I want to appreciate your work. Because you are doing a good job for your daily users and honestly, after seeing your post, you are increasing our interest in camping. I hope you will continue to improve the quality of your content to help your users.

I want to tell you that I recently found a website that has amazing content for people related to gardening and farming. They write on machete reviews for camping and their website looks great and they have great content. I have added a new machete to my collection, which I found from this website.

Mark John said...

Looking Beautiful! Great Place For Camping With Family

AffordableMag said...

Wow, what a fun time! I seriously looks like you had a blast. What a wonderful way to make family memories and get some time away from everything together. if your looking for best 4 person car camping tent yo can check here

Campinggoal said...

Nice article and a great place for family camping. What else is better in this life than having a family and having fun like this. I felt doing it in near future having a mountain bike with me and kinds riding alongside. Thanks

Anonymous said...

awesome place for camping with your family thanks for sharing your experience...