Thursday, July 8, 2010

Drive-In

I'm down here at my mom's house with my sister Kristy, minus my Jacob and Stephen.  I LOVE movies in the summer time.  Even more I enjoy going to the drive-in.  There is just something about the cool breeze and snuggling in a blanket, watching one of the latest movies.
Drive In3
Kristy had bought a ton of treats.  I felt like we were a real snack bar.  We laid out a tarp and pumped up two air mattresses.
Drive In2 Drive In4 Drive In5
You could hear chatting and giggling from cousins.  We did a little of our own giggling, but were sad that are husbands weren't there to snuggle with.
Drive In 
Besides missing husbands, the other problem with drive-ins is that they end soooo late.  I was glad for the bed set up so that little ones could just fall asleep.  In the Springs Shops at Briargate is doing a late night summer movie series outside.  We went to one and plan on going to more.  Here is their schedule - HERE
Anyway, if you haven't taken in a drive-in you should find one to take in! 

2 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

The last time I went to a drive-in what that one I had on my vacation shoot (I think it was part 2). We used to go up there all the time. For a while, there was a group which did the Open Outdoor Cinema. It was a GIANT inflatable screen and edited movies.

It was eventually shut down.

Bummer.

It looks like you guys are having quite a fun time. Hope you enjoy both nights.

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

miss you gals! such a fun photo of the two of you! love all the cousin photos! haven't found a drive-in in years but debating trying to "convince" someone out here to open one up...