Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bedroom Redo

When Stephen is traveling I LOVE to tackle big projects.  It keeps me busy so that time passes quickly.

The other reason I undertook this for the week is because it soooo needed help!  We have had a lot of people in and out this summer.  Some stayed with us and others just passing through.  As they would tour our house I would always get embarrassed of this bedroom.  It just wasn't very put together. 

Their was a nook for a desk.  Stephen hasn't had time nor money to build it though.  AND every normal desk is just too big to fit in the space UNTIL I found this little sewing table.

image

Oh my goodness!  It was the exact size that I needed.  I LOVED the knobs and couldn't resist the price of 10 bucks.  I sanded it and sealed the top lid.  Caulked up the crack and sanded some more.  The only thing that I still need to do is get a piece of glass to cover the top so that the wood will endure all the art that will be drawn on it.  ANYWAY, here it is in the room now ...

Bedroom2

I still need to hang a dry erase board above it and do a couple other ideas that I have for that nook AND the shelf above it and the door, BUT I am thrilled it is done!

Worked on the closet with baskets and a dresser.  Dad made the headboard and the little cradle.  I need you to come back dad to put the headboard together with the rest of the bed.  I sure appreciate all you do for me dad!  I still need to do the cushion for the window seat.  I also have a big white wall opposite the bed that I 'm excited to work on.  Is anything ever done?!?!

Bedroom3

Anyway, that's what I have been busy doing this week in between all the other stuff.

6 comments:

Stephen said...

I turn around for a second and everything changes story of my life!! I love you!! Stever

Rachel S. Smith said...

Wow! Steve must really love you. I believe this is his 2nd blog post ever! The room looks so great! I am one of the lucky ones to have seen the before of this room! So adorable! I love the desk and chair! Your dad is super talented! Sk glad he is loved and appreciated!

Valeri said...

I am amazed by you. How do you do it with 6 kids?

Paula said...

Oh my word, did you ever turn a nasty sewing cabinet into a work of art! It looks great! The room is gorgeous too! Wish I could see the whole thing! Maybe if I explore your blog some more, I'll find some more pix of it! Also, I wanted to mention that if you can turn that sewing cabinet into something so pretty, surely you don't need your dad to woodwork! :) There's an amazing site (and perhaps you have already heard of it, but in case you haven't)...it's called Knock-Off Wood! I never had an interest in woodworking before stumbling across that site on a link from UCreate...well, I've got three projects under my belt already! Here I am intimated by refinishing furniture, but not building it! :)

I love your blog and you seem like a such a good mama! I must say that you have such beautiful children! I love the freckles and red hair! They all look so happy too! You are all so blessed!

Jillinda said...

I just love the re-do of this bedroom. It looks so great. You've inspired me. I just picked up a dresser for $5 that needs a lot of work. If it turns out half as good as yours, I'll be happy. I would love to know where you got that cute tree that hangs above the bed and the cute whimsy little clock above the mirror.

Unknown said...

Jillinda, the diamond tree is from Kohls and the little clock is from Wal-Mart.