Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pirates Cove and Playdates

I have always felt that play dates were important for my kids.  It is a time they can hang out with their peers.  However, I forget sometimes how important it is for me.  I love being able to talk with friends who are in similar situations as I am.  We can talk, laugh and learn from each other.

This week was filled with sweet emails, phone conversations and a fun movie night with friends.  All of it made me realize how much I treasure friends.

What's even better is when my kids AND myself are able to have play dates at the SAME time.  This week Angie, Kesti, Linnea, Nicki, and I took our kids up to Pirates Cove.  I let the boys each bring a friend so that they would have someone their age.  The weather was beautiful and there weren't that many people until late afternoon as daycamps arrived.  It was so much fun!

Pirates Cove Pirates Cov2e Pirates Cov3e Pirates Cov4e

I am so grateful for the friends that my kids have.  This week the older ones spent an afternoon at the Wrights.  Then another afternoon Rebecca went with Trenya's girls to the Simpitch puppet show.  Each time they came home happy and excited about their play dates spilling over with all the details.  It is just good to take a break from family and hang with friends for both ME and for my kids.

1 comment:

Teachinfourth said...

Looks like it was a fun day for everyone. My parents never allowed us to bring friends to the river with us. It would have made it much easier for them if they'd thought of it.