Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend Update

The majority of the week was spent down at my parents' house.  While we were there we went to a turquoise shop.  

When I was a little girl, my Grandma Jackie would do wax molds for turquoise jewelry.  I can remember the hot green wax and all the molds with different designs.  Then there were different sizes for the different designs.  Each wax mold was only worth a few cents, but those few cents would add up to extra money for them.  Sometimes she would let us go when she would take in the wax molds that she had made.  I still have some of the jewelry she would buy for me on those little dates.  ANYWAY, there are still a few turquoise jewelry makers down in the valley.  So Kristy and I thought it would be fun to take the kids.  At the end of the little explanation he gave each of the kids a piece of the turquoise (which made the kids think they were rich) and then an ice cream sandwich (which made their little tummies happy),  Here is Nathan running his hands through the turquoise.
turquoise
turquoise2
We also did pizza in the park.  I had to laugh when Ashley asked me "if Grandma Charla would come and play in this park by herself sometimes".  We topped the park off with snow cones.
Snow Cone
This wooden box of little dolls were a huge part of Grandma Charla's.  All the girls were dragging them around to play with them and shall I say were "fighting" over them.
Dolls
I also did some photo shoots for other people this week before we left and then of course another fun one out in my mom's cabbage patch while we were there.
cabbage2
We came back to the Springs late Friday night so that we would be here for the 3v3 soccer tournament the next morning.  Nathan, Kaylee and Rebecca all three played in it.  There were a ton of games.  Kaylee played in SEVEN!  It was a lot of fun watching them and chatting with friends.  Kaylee was determined to get third place.  She shot five times in the overtime play and finally got the winning goal.
3v3
3v32
Rebecca's team took first, Kaylee's third and then Nathan's team took fourth.  

When I came home I had two packages waiting for me from my blog.  One was a product to keep and try out and the other was a VERY sweet package of books that a blog friend had sent.  We are LOVING the Tickle Monster Laughter Kit.  The little girls have begged us to read it every night since we got it.  Thanks again Pam!
Mail
AND I think that wraps up the week!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Shauna, We have had that waffle iron for a few years now and absolutely LOVE it! It is the best, I have an awesome recipe for fluffy waffles if you want it.