Saturday, July 10, 2010

Googley Eye Camp Craft

Camping6
I took a few packages of googley eyes camping with us.  Some were girl eyes with eyelashes.  I made a few examples of nature creatures and then told each of the kids to go find THEIR nature creature. 
Camping10 Camping7 Camping8 Camping9 
It was fun watching them choose just the right rock, flower or leaf.  AND then oh how they came alive with the googley eyes.  I have one sitting in my garden right now.  I found the idea in Family Fun and we will definitely do it again!

Stay tuned for the other easy camp craft.  Hopefully tomorrow I can get all caught up!

6 comments:

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

What a cute idea! Low budget and tons of fun...right up my ally! Looks like the girls had a blast :)

tren said...

Hey, do you remember teaching a Sister Flake in the MTC? She's a new friend that recently moved into our ward and I just found out today that she served a mission in Quito from 94-96. She remembers you! She doubted you would remember her because she was one of many, but said to tell you hi just in case.

And I like the googly eye nature craft idea!

Lillian J. Banks said...

My kids would love that!
I have been trying to find what camera and attachments you use to get such beautiful photos. Can you share how you do it? Please? Thanks. -Rebecca

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

no way! i love them! gonna have to go decorate my entire yard with googley eyes! who knew how they could make me smile? so much fun!

T.Irwin said...

ha ha ha! I love these! When I was a kid I'd make "pets" out of rocks and bark and just about anything that eyes could be glued onto.

Loves it!!

Valerie said...

love this, shauna! i am filing your great camp craft ideas at thecraftersfilebox.com. thanks for sharing!