Friday, July 2, 2010

4th of July Blow Art

My sister teaches art classes in Draper, Utah.  If you live there you should check into it.  I sooo wish that I could just send my kids over to Aunt Alesha's for art.  She is amazing!  I'm thinking about taking her lesson plans and teaching here.  ANYWAY, she told me about this project that she did for the 4th and of course when all of the girls started asking for a project I brought this one out of my sleeve.
4th Art2
You put a blob of watered down paint on cardstock and then use a straw to blow into the puddle.  (Not a constant blow, just like a big puff blow)
4th Art4
Then you are left with bright fireworks and if you ask real nice to have your artist of the house draw a stick figure watching the fireworks, you get this ...
4th Art
And you can hang it on the fridge for a fun 4th of July decoration!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Very cute craft idea! Your picture of your daughter is amazing, too - such beautiful lighting. You are a fantastic photographer!

Controlling My Chaos said...

What a super cute project.

Angela said...

Your kids are sooo cute! Makes me want to have more kids and have a big family :)