Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Play Road Map

I had seen THIS on my friend Erin's blog.  I wish she still lived here!  Anyway, had a lot of the fabric and couldn't resist copying her idea.  I was able to make quite a few for nephews and for gifts.  It is the perfect size to roll up and fit in a purse to have on hand.  AND the fabric is just so dang cute!

Map

I just put on a quilted back and then sew machine quilted the roads to the back.  Finished it off with bias tape on the edges.  Really a quick project.  I'm excited for Stephen to take them this weekend.

2 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

I made one of these for Corbin and he LOVES it!!! The best part of his is the other side has train tracks!! These are the best!

Here's the link to mine.
http://eoberrys.blogspot.com/2009/02/could-this-post-be-more-random.html

Erin said...

Turned out great! My first few I did the bias, but then I got too cheap! I wish I lived nearby too! I'm so inspired by the amazing things you do with your family and the traditions you have created. When I grow up I want to be like you!!