Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July

We enjoyed Saturday's Monument parade.  There were SOOOO people.  I sat there on the blanket taking pictures and realized if I SAT taking pictures of the kids then I would get the beautiful sky as the backdrop and not the hundreds of people.
4thED2  4th2ED2
We had fun doing fireworks.  


Why are fireworks always so mesmerizing?  It's just so fun watching the big ones and even staring into the sparklers.
4th6
4th4
Another fun 4th night was going over to Angie's for a big firework show.  Travis and Scott got a bunch of fireworks in Wyoming and put on quite a big firework extravaganza.  Take a look at all the moms there and you will have an idea of how many kids were there .... and yes I have on a hat and scarf thanks to two sweet knitters.
4th9
Thank you everyone for such a fun weekend!

4 comments:

Jess Litster said...

I LOVE your blog! Your photography is amazing and you are so creative with all the little crafts you do with your kids! GOOD JOB!!! Thank you for sharing! I always look forward to your blog updates! :)

Teachinfourth said...

Good call on the backdrop; it really adds to the mood of the photos!

Lillian J. Banks said...

I have spent some time on your beautiful blog since I have been down with mono. I am inspired by you and your darling children. It is so wonderful to see the faith you have and how well you teach your family based on that. I have gotten many good ideas here that I am looking forward to sharing with my four kiddos. Thanks so much for sharing, and it is fun the memories it brings back since my parents had six kids and I loved it. I hope to be back,
Rebecca L.

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

Wow, your photography is amazing! Seriously, such cute pictures of your kids :)