Monday, August 31, 2009

Back To School

Back to School3_edited-1

I cry every year as I drop them off the first day. This year wasn’t any different! I remember last year. I was crying as I was driving them down TO the school. They were asking me why I was so sad. I told them that I miss them when they are gone and that they are alone and I can’t be there to protect them during the day. It was Kaylee who spoke up and said, “But mom we really aren’t alone. The Holy Ghost will be with us.” What a wise little girl and a comfort to her mom that she knows that!

They finished the new school building and it is beautiful!!!

TCA_East_Campus_Drawing

It is always a task and then some to get all the school supplies bought, the school uniforms, and of course the school shoes.

Back to School ED

I’m excited for the teachers that the kids have. This year I was able to request teachers and was able to get the teachers that I wanted. I sent them to school with a first day of school gift for the their teachers. I was excited to see the gift that I had given Miss Smith last year, is still sitting on her desk for this year. Do you remember making those vinyl jars Kristy?!? Anyway, here was this years …

Aug 2009 880

Last night we did Father’s Blessings and talked about academic goals for the new school year. Then tonight for FHE we talked about friends. I had Jacob draw different faces on four balloons. I then did the balloon activity where you give a brief description on the outside, name and traits. Then you pop the balloon and find out what the person is really like on the inside. We talked about how the more find out questions you ask a person, the more you will know and can learn from the person. I challenged the kids to pop the inside of each kid in their classes and find out who they really are.

balloon

My favorite picture of the day wasn’t even of one of the school kids. It was of Ashley staring at her older siblings as they were taking pictures, dreaming of going to school herself. I’m glad I snapped this one! However, to tell you the truth I don’t think I will be crying when “SHE” actually goes to school!

Ash2_edited-1

2 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I know you will be crying when Ash goes to school. She may be a handful but she is so fun!!

lanisue said...

You are the best mom and always have the neastest and funest ideas.