Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Becca’s Birthday

My sweet little Rebecca turned SEVEN today.

Becca's Birthday3_edited-1

She LOVES the Fancy Nancy girl from the series and always complains that we didn’t name her Nancy. I always tell her that she is our “Ravishing Rebecca”.

She LOVES to be fancy with fingernails painted, jewelry, lipstick (whenever Grandma Brenda is here with her RED lipstick), and LOVES dresses. I let her pick out a dress for her birthday the other night. I highly encouraged a different dress, but she wouldn’t have it! She LOVED the puff sleeves on this one (Pollyanna loved puff sleeves in the book she just read) plus the colors on this one mom are more bright and happy. Uh… yeah they are that’s why we should buy the more plain one. But I kept my mouth shut and let her get this one since it is HER birthday.

Becca's Birthday6_edited-1

Besides being fancy, Rebecca also enjoys playing soccer, playing the piano, playing Polly Pockets, drawing, doing projects, and READING. This summer she would read for HOURS each day. She just loves books, loves the characters and loves funny dialogues.

Bec ED

She also love photo shoots, and you know me … I love them too! We went out back today and did this little mini shoot.

Becca's Birthday2_edited-1

Bec ED@

Becca's Birthday15

For her birthday, she had breakfast in bed. Then I took her on a date this afternoon and we went to a “Fancy” salon to have “Manicures”. She chose this bright gold glitter polish, maybe you can see it in the pictures. When we got home and she was showing her brothers and sisters, the boys said, “Oh, you just went to get your nails painted” She quickly corrected them that “NO, we had MANICURES!”

Before her Ravishing Rebecca name, she wanted to be called, Sparkle Diamond Rainbow (Remember that Kristy?). So in honor of her past name we made a rainbow cake. Then the last picture is our tradition, the presents that she got with the number of fingers that she IS!!!

Becca's Birthday11

Aug 2009 452

Becca's Birthday9

I LOVE you Rebecca!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Mom said...

I love our Rebecca too! The photo shoot of her was fun...Shauna, all these pics. & journal writings are invaluable.

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Rebecca is so FANCY!! I like that dress. I was trying to talk Shelby into buying it for one of her school outfits.

tren said...

I love her dress! Really cute birthday photos, too. Are you sure you don't want to just come hang around here and be my personal family photographer?

T.Irwin said...

How sweet is Rebecca!

I love that you posted this one because my one and only niece turns seven next week and it helps me place the age of your cute kids.