Monday, August 10, 2009

The Swetsville Zoo

Today was a sculpture day.  We were supposed to meet a friend and her kids up there, BUT it didn’t work out.  I thought about not going, BUT I had been wanting to go here and had it on our “Summer To Do” list.  So off we went by ourselves. 

Let me back up first and add that my amazing friend, Trenya, had told me about these two places.  She knows so many fun places!

A man by the name of Bill Swets has made hundreds of sculptures with car parts and all kinds of other junk.  This is his “zoo”.  It was amazing!  I kept wishing that my dad was there with us.  He would LOVE this place.  BUT since he wasn’t there with us, I took a ton of pictures for him.  So here you go dad…

@Swets Zoo1

@Swets Zoo

@Swets Zoo2

@Swets Zoo4

@Swets Zoo3

@Swets Zoo5

@Swets Zoo9

@Swets Zoo7

@Swets Zoo6

@Swets Zoo8

@Swets Zoo12

@Swets Zoo10

@Swets Zoo11

@Swets Zoo13

@Swets Zoo15

@Swets Zoo14

@Swets Zoo16

@Swets Zoo17

@Swets Zoo19

@Swets Zoo18

@Swets Zoo20

We were so sad to leave after seeing all of his crazy talent.  My kids were quite eager to go home and start welding their own masterpiece.  However, I had another sculpture garden to take them to, with a different kind of talent, that was near by!

4 comments:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

this is the neatest thing i have ever seen! such creativity! where is it? i'd like to tell ashli and her crew about it...sounds like something they'd love too!

Angie said...

Oh Shauna! I sure wish we weren't busy yesterday! What a fun, neat, place! You'll have to tell us where it is. You guys are always doing such fun things. What a fun FHE activity too.

I love that video "Create" I shared it with my R.S. sisters for my lesson on Developing our Talents.

Trinette McCrary said...

Sooo cool. You are always doing such fun things with your kids. Looks like a place I need to take my kiddos to.

Lydia said...

Hey cuz!
Just wanted to say hello since I haven't talked with you in a while. You are amazing to be so diligent in your blogging- Way to go! When are you coming to visit?