Friday, August 21, 2009

I have missed THIS

It is definitely time to get back into shape!  My summer clothes are ALL now a little tighter.  Kelly called me earlier in the week to start doing the ultimate conditioning class.  It is very similar to PX90.  The teacher is a killer and has a body that the entire class wants to have.  The rest of the week I have been SOO sore.  It hurt to even crack eggs when I was making cookies.  Is that just ridiculous!  My forearms, shoulders, butt, legs, abs… were in PAIN! 

I told Kristy that I was sore from the class and she told me how jealous she was that she wasn’t here anymore to do THIS class.  (She used to come with me)  She was jealous that I was SORE!  Who is jealous of being sore?!?

So today I started playing basketball and as I was getting ready all of my kids were like, “Mom why are going back to the YMCA when your body already hurts?”.  I was like “Good Question!!!”

But the reason is all of these fun ladies …

Basketball

We took this picture the last day that Kristy played with us before she moved. 

Now I know I’m missing Darlene,  and a few others in this picture.  I wish that I had one with everyone!  Some of them have played collegiate and some just in high school, BUT we all love basketball!  I just LOVE chatting and playing with these ladies.  They crack me up! AND they keep me in shape during the school year.

AND Becki, Alesha, Teresa, and all you others I have made a goal to start running on the days I don’t play.  Hopefully I can get into that runner’s high groove that you girls are all in.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Shauna, I am going to make a 1/2 marathon in Colorado a MUST run next year, so get training:)xoxox Teresa

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

so impressed by you gals...always on the go! we're lucky to work in a workout here at home! proud of you for doing it! it's good motivation for me!