Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Escape

The definition of escape is "a means of obtaining temporary freedom from worry, care, or unpleasantness".  Sure, escape is a "temporary freedom" from whatever you have going on, but don't you need those "temporary" escapes.

School has started along with the afterschool activities and that means A LOT of running around.  Add in cooking, cleaning and trying to exercise and it makes for a very busy day!  SOOO I like to indulge in little escapes to refresh myself.  It may be sneaking a chapter of a good book during the afternoon, or making a treat to indulge myself with.  Sometimes my escape is actually WORK.  I love to go outside to water and work in the yard.  The peace and quiet mixed with the breezes are heavenly to me.  When I come back inside I feel like I can actually tackle all the work needing done.  Other times I escape the monotony of the day with craft projects or playing with my camera.  Even turning on music helps me to escape.

Whatever I use as my escape I'm grateful for, because it gives me that temporary break to recharge myself.  And of course every post needs a picture, here is Jerrica this summer at my mom's escaping all the chaos of siblings and cousins into Grandma's viewfinder.

Viewfinder What do you use as an escape?

5 comments:

T.Irwin said...

I used to love love love this toy! great picture!!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog!

Janessa said...

Hey, I was going to say reading your blog too:)

[Stacia] said...

Nothing too unique here, reading a book, crafting, my ipod and cleaning, and every now and then... a good run! :)

Teachinfourth said...

Just seeing that photo took me back to my old days with a viewmaster! The desert is my escape now…

http://teachinfourth.blogspot.com/2009/08/san-rafael.html