Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Randomness

First off a disclaimer I am definitely a yeller/freak outer.  If I always spoke calmly with my kids they would never know when I'm REALLY upset at what they did.  So even with all the communication stuff I definitely DO yell!

Quite a few have asked what I have on the bedroom chore card.  Here is what each of the kids have snapped in their chore magnet.  Starred numbers are done on Saturdays.  I'm sure there are more things that could be done but this is what we ask of our kids.

@00

Next, the camera that I have is a Nikon D60 and I almost always use my 50mm 1.4  lense with it. 

And last but not least I wanted to share Becky Higgins last couple posts on photography.  One challenge she had was laying your camera on a table capturing the scene and then this last week was putting your camera on the ground or floor.  I LOVED the different perspectives.  Check out her favorite picks on her site of the ground shots HERE and then the table shots HERE.  They will give you some ideas of things to capture.  I want to do a puzzle and tea party shot now!

One of my latest favorite shots was the one with Jerrica on the driveway doing chalk.  I had to get WAY down to capture the cement out in front.

Chalk_edited-1

Another one down on the ground that I loved was when Thomas was laying on the carpet playing cars.  The floor is just such a perfect tripod for keeping your camera still, thus creating crisp shots.  You have to be really down low though to get the forefront of the picture, like the carpet and cars in this one.  If I would have been up more I would have captured the tops of the cars instead of this fun angle on them.

Vroom Vroom copy 

Go check out Becky Higgins links and try some table and floor shots.  I just think it is fun looking through pictures and having different perspectives instead of ALL the same!

If that didn't answer your question, just email me - mymixofsix@hotmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for answering Shauna!

I'm off to check the links you shared.