Sunday, September 5, 2010

Rebecca's Baptism

The invitation was sent out to her friends.

Invitation 

A photo shoot took place.

Becca 8yr

Becca 8yr8 Becca 8yr_3 Becca 8yr_4

A picture after she got her little jumpsuit on.  I wanted to get the reflection like Kaylee's baptism picture but didn't have the right lense.

Baptism

Baptism3

All of her grandparents were able to be here.  We only get to see the Thompson's a couple times a year.  So we were excited to have them with us.

Baptism2

I'm all about little reminders to help them remember their special day.  I LOVE towels that every time they use them, they can remember the first time they used it at their baptism.  Aunt Kathy AND Laura both made her special towels.  I actually used BOTH, one for her hair and the other to dry her off.  Later in the day she commented on how warm the water was and how soft the towels were.

Towel

Other reminders are the pictures in her baptism dress.  I frame a couple to use at the baptism, then use them at the luncheon, and then they go up in her room as decor.  Stephen and I give scriptures to the kids on the day of their baptism, once again another reminder.  Aunt Kristy gave Rebecca a little Hymnal and Aunt Alesha had sent a baptism bracelet, more reminders...

@@

Flowers2 Flowers 

Speaking of reminders, there are so many fun FHE's to prepare for baptism.  One of my favorites is the baptism bag. 

Anyway, it was a beautiful day, the spirit was strong and Rebecca was happy!

9 comments:

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

what a wonderful day for her. i hope she enjoyed it!

Jaymerz said...

It looks like a very special day for her. Thanks for sharing all your ideas, my oldest is getting baptized in February and I am going to use some of your ideas!!

Doug and Bethany said...

She looks gorgeous as always, and you did such a great job making it such a special day for her! Congrats Rebecca!

Teachinfourth said...

Wonderful images to celebrate an important day.

Maleen said...

I can't believe how much useful, fun information I get from your blog. I think you are a supermom and I love all your ideas.

The baptism bag sounded interesting, and I would love the idea for FHE since we have our first baptism coming up in a month.

My email is caziertm@comcast.net

Your children are beautiful and I'm glad Rebecca had such a great day.

Candice said...

Aw how sweet! Tell her congratulations! My daughter is being baptized this Saturday. It's such an exciting time!

Rachel said...

Thanks for posting all the wonderful things you do with your family. I have found and used so many ideas from your blog. I am also curious about the baptism bag FHE. Could you email it to me or send me a link to it. Thanks again for all your ideas. The pictures you take are priceless.

rachwood@gmail.com

tren said...

She looks so pretty in her baptism dress. Why the change into a jumpsuit?
It looks like you had a wonderful day. I'm so happy for Rebecca!

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing this for me, Shauna! I love the photos with her BOM. Never thought of adding that in. Wish we lived in CO so you could take my daughter's photos! You do great work. She's beautiful, by the way, but I'm sure you already knew that:)