Friday, September 17, 2010

Harvesting

I love harvest time.  We planted 12 tomato plants this year and have soooo enjoyed the yummy deliciousness.  We have enjoyed working in the garden, canning the produce, and of course the eating.  I LOVE fresh salsa OR bruchetta OR just a sliced, salted tomato.  I am thrilled that we haven't had a hard freeze yet and that they are still going strong.  I wish that they would just grow ALL year...

Flowers3

Grandma Jackie would always harvest her flowers as well as her vegetables.  We would always have gorgeous bouquets to arrange and enjoy.  I think that's where Tanya and I got our love for floral arranging. 

I let each of the girls take in a Dahlia for their teachers this past week.  They are so big and look so fun in a little vase.

Flowers2

I just love all the colors this time of year with Summer and Fall mixing together!  I know that pretty soon it will be time to get my garden and flower beds ready for the winter but for now I'm still enjoying them.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I think I'm turning into a dahlia addict :) I'm up to 6 varieties in my garden, and I can't wait until my garden catalogues come so I can order some more! Yours are GORGEOUS!