Monday, September 6, 2010

American Girl Doll Books

I have LOVED the simplicity and straightfowardness of this first book here is the link for it. The Care & Keeping of You: The Body Book for Girls (American Girl Library)


  This review sums up exactly what I think -
"I bought this book for my 9 (soon to be 10) year old and was impressed by the head-to-toe body care topics it covered. It touches on everything from hair care, to face cleansing, to washing your hands, to exercising and nutrition. I was wondering how I was going to broach the topic of starting her period with my daughter and this sure helped relieve my anxiety. It covered it honestly, straightforward and not intimidating at all. I think it helped because it was only a minor focus of the entire body-care book. (A brief introduction to what a period is and how to handle it and the fact that it is completely NORMAL and all girls go through it)."
image
Kaylee and I have gone over a few chapters and had really good conversations about various topics.  Rebecca is up in arms that she isn't included in our discussions.  Truth be told Rebecca will probably be the first to develop and go thru these changes anyway.  Highly recommend this book!


AND while I'm talking about an American Girls book I must mention one of our all time favorite drawing books that come from them.  It is ...
image
We got it a few years ago and the girls STILL use it!  Here is the link for Doodle Studio

2 comments:

H.Cook said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog and I love all the ideas you have! I have bookmarked this American Girl book to get for my daughter in a few years.

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

i bought this for my 9 yr old this summer and love it...

there is a also this one that she also liked...purchased at the same time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310700159/ref=oss_product