Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Spy No Water

We have our own well and for some reason our pump is broke.  Stephen spent all day trying to fix it himself only to have spent a lot of time and money on all the parts that weren't the problem.  We use water for SOOOO many things....

  • Laundry
  • Dishes
  • Cooking
  • Bathing
  • Brushing Teeth
  • Watering Gardens and the Yard
  • Washing Hands
  • Giving water to the Dog
  • Cleaning the Bathrooms
  • Even just water to USE the Bathrooms

We just take water for granted.  SOOOOO since I can't really clean I decided to work on a little project.

I got an I Spy Quilt kit from a friend and since it doesn't require water, I think I will finish up the top today....

Quilt There are soooo many fun blocks, this is just a little portion of them.  Not only could you use it for the I Spy Game but you could use it for writing practice with the older kids.  I could tell them to write me a story using a certain row of blocks.  I'm always looking for writing starters in the summer.  It's even fun to just look at! 

Oh how I love this time of year and all the projects to get ready for Christmas.  I'm really excited about a few that I have going right now.  Thanks again Amy for the quilt kit!  If you are interested in a kit email me and I will give you Amy's contact info.

5 comments:

Doug and Bethany said...

That turned out so cute! I love it!

Angie said...

Love it and you're writing idea for the kids.

Anonymous said...

My parents have their own well. When I was 13, the pump went out. Things just kept on going wrong, so we were without water for 3 weeks. My older sister was married and living nearby so we were able to her house for showers. I will never forget those weeks! Love the writing idea! Hope your well is fixed soon!

tren said...

How fun is THAT?! Very cute.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

LOVE that quilt! Cute idea for "i spy"!