Sunday, August 8, 2010

She DID it!

Becca 8yr_2

Rebecca finished the Book of Mormon.  She was determined to do it before she got baptized, AND she did it!  Rebecca loves to read and is a very determined little girl.  Stephen and I didn't ever ask or prod her along to read.  She just decided to do it and would carry it everywhere.  We are so proud of her.

We told her as she neared the end that we wanted to take her out on a date with us to any restaurant that she wanted to go to.  She chose the Elephant Bar and we went Friday night.  Then of course she had to stop off at Build a Bear to cash in a gift card that was burning a hole in her pocket.  She ended up buying some more clothes for Mimsy.

@Mimsy3 @Mimsy @Mimsy2Ed 

This was Mimsy's new outfit.  Rebecca told me, "Don't you think that Mimsy's eyes just say that she is the sweetest bunny?"  And as I looked down into Rebecca's sweet eyes, I agreed that there is such a thing as sweet eyes.  We sure love you Rebecca!

8 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Congrats to Rebecca for her accomplishment…that is really saying a lot. Also, an excellent choice for dinner; I just went to the Elephant Bar for the first time a few weeks ago.

Dana said...

What a great accomplishment! It happens to be my favorite book : )
I love the shot of Rebecca with her crinkly (is that a word?) nose. Too cute!

Valeri said...

Wow, proud mommy moment for you! That is just so awesome, Shauna. And I love how you treated her to dinner at the restaurant of her choosing.

lanisue said...

Can't wait to have her in activity days!

Raelyn said...

Shauna~ Those pictures are beautiful! I would totally have thought they were done professionally! Good job to Rebecca, that is a huge accomplishment!!!

Tia Hopper said...

I am super impressed with her for reading the entire Book of Mormon at 8. Wow! Way before I ever did!! Her picture with the book is GORGEOUS!! You're doing a great job, Mom!!

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Rebecca is so pretty!! She is a very determined girl. I am so proud of her!!!

T.Irwin said...

These pictures of Rebecca are very sweet. I love the first one. My niece gets baptized at the end of August, maybe I'll do a similar picture, because I know she has a similar goal.