Friday, August 6, 2010

Art Day

Jason Baalman is a local artist that creates masterpieces with food and other objects.  He was recently on Rachel Ray with his Cheetos rendition of her.  We decided to check him out in old Colorado City.  His sister showed us his studio.  My kids LOVED his penny art of Abraham Lincoln.  All made of shiny pennies mixed with old darker pennies.  He is so creative!

image 

While we were there we checked out a few galleries down there inclucing the Michael Garmen statue town.  Admission is free for kids in the summer.  It is filled with small buildings with rooms of various scenarios.

Art10 Art3 Art2 Art4 Art8 Art7 

I just LOVE art and the contrast of creativity between individuals!  I hope that my love for art rubs off on my kids.

We also found Ashley's long lost twin.  The store owner told us that he represents a cannibal in New Guinnea.  I assured her that Ashley would be a cannibal if she could.

Art Day_edited-2

Of course Ash wanted him to come home with us to be her boyfriend.  I was like .....NO ..... and DON'T bring home a guy like that FOR your boyfriend!

1 comment:

Teachinfourth said...

Impressive artwork! If I'm ever in CC I'll have to check out the studio...