Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Music in our Home

We have some musicians in our home.  Jacob is learning how to play the trumpet this year. 

Trumpet2

He tends to get a little red in the face after practicing.

 Trumpet_edited3

Trumpet3

Stephen played the trumpet when he was in school, so he has been helping Jacob.  Thank goodness he can help! 

The four older kids are starting up piano again.  Ash is still dragging her guitar around and Jerrica seems to have a high pitch whine that she freely plays.

Then we have a song writer in our midst.  Rebecca wrote this song to her cousin, Karley.  Karley's dad is in the Army and they are always moving.  Rebecca wrote the song on one of our road trips this summer.  She shared it with my mom and I.  When I was organizing the kids' scrapbook drawers the other day I came across it again and thought I would post it so that we can have it in this year's blog book.  So, here it is without further adieu.

Where is my Karley?  Where can I find her?  Where is she?  Will she be in Tennessee, Alabama, Colorado, China, Korea.  I know Arizona.  Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.  She will be in Arizona.  Will she be wearing a crown or wearing a gown.  Or will she be wearing a apron.  Well, I do not care what she will wear.  I just care that I see her.  Go Karley.  Go Karley.  Go.  Go.  Go.  Go Karley to see me!

So there you have it, there is music abounding in our home.  I do love music.  I don't think that I could clean my house or do projects without music playing!

3 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

I have music in my home, too. I call it iPod…it is quite talented.

Great photos. I love the vantage point of the first one.

K said...

I know your boys are scouts - were you aware that the bugling merit badge is being retired? With your son playing the trumpet, he can use that to complete this merit badge before it is gone! :) I've got an 11 year old playing around with a bugle to try and accomplish the same task. We're looking for a trumpet to transition from his piano knowledge to the brass family.

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I am going to have to save this song for Karley's scrapbook.
We love our Becca!!