Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Randomness

First off here is the salsa recipe that I use and we LOVE!  I do take the seeds out of the jalepeno and I didn't add that in the recipe.  I will add the soup recipe soon.

Salsa

Yes I do take pictures for other people.  Just email me and I can give you all the details.
@
@@ 

Spillane_edited-1
@
Here is an example of the chore cards.  The asterisk chores are to be done on Saturdays.

As for toddlers working - My kids bring down and sort their own laundry on Mondays and Fridays, even Jerrica does her own.  They then have their own pile awaiting them in the laundry room on those nights respectively to retrieve and put away.  My kids ALWAYS clear their plate and utensils from the table after each meal AND express gratitude for some part of the meal.  This is something that we have done for years now, but having friends over I realize that clearing your plate is not a common practice.  But believe me it helps in clearing the table.  You need to learn to clean up after yourself.  Jerrica also helps clear her plate.  She does the silverware from the dishwasher.  She moves clothes from the washer to the dryer for me.  She helps clean her bedroom and helps when we are all working together by running and putting things away here and there.  There really are so many chores that toddlers can do. 
Chore
The book we are reading together out loud is found at this link The Misadventures of Maude March  We have totally loved it and are sad that there only a couple of chapters left!  The chapters are short and the author is very entertaining, making it a perfect read a loud.  The book starts off with two orphan girls that live with their only aunt.  She dies in the first chapter and the girls adventures begin.
image
My camera is a Nikon D60 and favorite lense is the 50mm 1.4.
If none of the above answered your question, just email me again.

7 comments:

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

love the chore cards!``

Teachinfourth said...

My 50 mm lens is my favorite as well! As for the salsa…I have to make it myself? Oh, I thought you'd ship it out to everyone.

Bummer...

Anonymous said...

Thank you Shauna!

Ryan M. Spillane said...

You have never answered my question of how you do everything so well. I think your Super Woman. I love you and your family!!!

Jaymerz said...

thank you, thank you for the salsa recipe!!
I always make my kids clear their dishes, but I just started babysitting and have found I am having to train her to do the same.

Maria Babin said...

You are simply amazing Shauna, what an inspiration!

K M said...

ya that 50 1.4 is one amazing piece of glass isn't it??! :) I love that little babes on the car--- too precious.