Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Different Perspective

I recently saw a photo shoot in a movie.  The photographer was psycho moving this way and that way and laying down and standing on chairs.  I couldn't quit thinking about that photographer.  I started out thinking he was psycho, but then changed to being impressed at all of the angles he was getting. 

I could take a hundred straight on head shots of my kids, but isn't it more fun to look DOWN at those big eyes in some of the pictures.

Kaylee Girl

That's usually how I see her everyday.  She isn't MY height.  I'm taller and this is how I see her.

I have read many times that it is more flattering to take pictures DOWN at your subject.  Maybe this is why all the pictures my kids take of me are SOOO unflattering because they are aiming UP at me.  They get my double chins, nostrils and thick neck.  I think I'm going to make them start standing on chairs to take pictures of me.

It does make sense though.  Features can appear flat and wide when you are shooting head on.  Yet what pretty angles you see when looking DOWN.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a huge fan of different angles for photos...esp the slightly elevated from your subject shot (when the subject is me!)

Your kids are such great subjects...they are so happy!

Lois Cook Berrett said...

Great shot. I am envious of your photography skill. Thanks for sharing.

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I love Kaylee's little freckles!!