Sunday, May 2, 2010

Art and Weekend Wrap Up

Jacob continues to amaze me with his art skills.  He is still working with oils.  I love the color blending and shading in this last one that he brought home.

Jake Art_edited-1

It is on such a nice big canvas.  I have to find a spot to hang it up now.  The kids also had their art show at school this week.  It was fun to see their projects.  I'm getting antsy to change up the kids art wall with all the year end art coming home from school this week.

Art Show

Rebecca took second place in the Aaron Brother's Green Earth contest.

Becca 2nd

Rebecca has also been quite busy writing a book.  She writes so small and has so much detail in her writing.  She is our author.  She wants to be a librarian when she grows up, so she might as well have one of HER own books in the library.

Becca Story

Of course there were soccer games.  Have I said about a hundred times that I LOVE to watch my kids play!

A Soccer

Ashley has this football blocking technique that she does with her opponents.  She likes to keep her arms up so that they can't get to the ball.  Sometimes it looks like there may be a little pushing involved as well.

Anyway, on to a new week filled with lots to do.  May is always so busy!

1 comment:

Lois Cook Berrett said...

I just discovered your blog and am enjoying it so much. I have been looking at your photography and I think it is marvelous. That is one of my goals, to learn my camera and take some awesome shots like you have done. Thanks for your great blog and ides.