Monday, May 10, 2010

Body FHE

We did a fun FHE tonight.  We had done this years ago at our old house, but all the girls were too young to remember it.  I started the evening by laying the kids' PJ's on the living room floor.  I left them there and just told everyone that it was for FHE to get their interest.
Bodies
We then started by all going up the stairs to the loft and looking down on the pajamas.  I asked them if the pajamas had moved at all down there.  I also asked questions like if Nathan's PJ's wanted to kick a soccer ball, could they?...  Then I told them to pretend that we were in heaven.  Their PJ's were bodies waiting to have a spirit inside of them.  We continued to talk about what they, as spirits, weren't able to do without a body.
I then let them all go down to "Earth" and get their body.  I made them go and change into their body (pajamas).  Then I had different ones do different things "IN" their bodies, like Ashley dancing ...
We then read and discussed this amazing TALK.  It is filled with facts and appreciation for our bodies.  We discussed how we are only given ONE body during this earthly life and how we need to take care of it.  We talked about ways to take care of our bodies.
Then Rebecca shared her little Plan of Salvation that she colored and cut out.  Her little spirit girl and paper girl were really cute.
We ended with the song "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and I reiterated and testified one more time how important and lucky we are to have bodies and the need to take care of them.

9 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

Another GREAT Idea! Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

Another great one! I am totally copying this. :)

Teachinfourth said...

Wow, this lesson idea is awesome!

Emily said...

Just used this tonight and it was a huge hit! Thanks for the idea!

Maru said...

Excelent! I love it!

Maru said...

Excelent! I love it!

Maru said...

Excelent! I love it!

Makenzie & Jordan said...

The link to the talk is broken. Any chance you know what the talk is called?

Sarah said...

Great idea.... I found it hilarious that the ad right next to this was a woman, barely wearing a bikini, holding the front of it down so we could see her cleavage even more. I wasn't offended, don't think ,that- I know it's just a random ad, but it was pretty funny next to an FHE lesson idea bout the body! hahaha