Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend Update

Packages. There is just something about getting packages that always brings a smile to those giving AND receiving.  Last Fall I got a package from Amazon with Scott Kelly's photography books that I had been wanting and even had in my shopping cart.  I knew that I hadn't ordered them and couldn't figure out why Amazon was sending them to me, THEN I read the invoice which had a sweet note from my friend Becki, who also shares a love for photography.  I was SOOO excited to get these out of the blue from her.

I love sending packages as well.  I sent this one a couple of weeks ago to a friend and then saw that she posted the package on her blog HERE.  She's too cute!  I love sending this soup to people that live far away because I don't live right there to take them over a dinner.  It has everything to throw into the crockpot except for the frozen chicken breasts (that would be hard to send)

And once again packages made this week fun.  I had a birthday and recieved some of the most creative and sweet gifts.  I will have to share one of them when I remember to take a picture of it.  I'm excited for another one that is still in the process of being knitted!  A big thanks to all my sweet friends and family for spoiling me on my big day.

I also got a couple of packages this week from bloggers that I have met.  One was filled with stickers that are screaming my girls' names to do a project with.  Another was a fun surprise with these headbands that my girls immediately fought over.  We loved all the different colors that already match outfits perfectly!  Thank you Katherine and Dana!

Headbands

We also had soccer games Saturday.  I SOOOO enjoy watching my kids play.  Kaylee played her heart out.  Another mom said, "If we could have 10 more Kaylee's out there on the field, then we would have won."

I also did a photo shoot of some of the young women in our Stake for a gift that the presidency is working on.  It was interesting to see how confident some of them were, and how unsure of themselves others were.  I wanted to grab those unsure ones and tell them how beautiful they really are and that they need to let that shine on the inside AND outside.  Oh how I want all four of my girls to be confident as they continue getting older.

I have known these two since they were six!

@@@

@@

This one didn't want her braces in the picture but had such a huge smile and just couldn't hold her smile in.  I think this was the ONLY one that didn't have her braces showing, which is what she wanted.  Can't you just see how hard she is concentrating to hold that big smile in?

@

There were quite a few girls and so many fun shots.  I have to share one more.  I loved her eyes in this one.  She was one of my young women from when I was the president.  Who knows what she is thinking about with that look!?!?!

@@@@

We also FINALLY went to see "How to Train your Dragon".

hot-to-train-your-dragon

We loved the look of the characters.  Can you imagine living back during the time of the Vikings?!?! 

Mix in all the other craziness and running around and that was our week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so welcome! I'm glad your girls like them.

Becki Madsen said...

I loved sending you those photo books because you are my photo friend! Those pictures turned out so cute!

Kathleen Pitt said...

Just surfed on in, but wanted to stop and say hi, LOVE your blog and all your beautiful children. I really liked the idea of your Gospel art Binders - will have to take that one on board :)

Cheers
Kathy