Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sounds of Summer

I was sitting in my bedroom this afternoon with the window open and LOVED the sounds coming from outside.  Winter is so quiet with the windows all closed up as we try to stay warm.  Then summer comes and everyone flocks outside filling the air with noise-

Birds Singing

Sprinklers sputtering out Water

Kids Laughing

Springs on the Trampoline Squeaking

Bouncing of a Basketball

Kicking of Soccer Balls

Shadow Barking, excited that the Kids are Outside

Squeak of the Swings

Whir of Scooters and Bicycles

Chalk Scraping against the Sidewalk 

 I just LOVE the sounds of summer!

1 comment:

Jill said...

That's true--I never sat and thought about it, but winter is deadly silent. It's nice to hear/see kids outside again in the warm weather! Thank you for the comments on my blog--I appreciate you answering my questions. I like redheads too:)