Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tomatoes

I have had this little tomato routine for quite a few years now.  I plant my seeds inside around Valentine's Day.  Then the first weekend of April I plant them outside in wall of waters.  Yes, April is very early to plant outside.  We still have blizzards that come through.  Snow piles up.  Yet, with the wall of waters they just keep growing away and aren't even phased by the cold.  Then when we hit mid-May, and it's time to start buying seedlings in the store for $4, I don't need to because mine are just as big if not BiGGeR!!!

It saves money, which is always a plus with Stephen.  AND is fun for me to plant and start growing a little earlier than May.

My parents are here right now and mom helped me plant a few more outside today.  The others that I planted last Friday have already braved two snow falls.  Take a look at one inside the wall of water ...
Tomato
I'm already imagining the tomatoes that are soon to come.  I just can't wait to start planting more things.  Hurry Spring, Hurry Spring!

2 comments:

Red said...

Your dirt is beautiful!! What do you do to it. (Your tomato plants look amazing too.)

Unknown said...

My mom and I were just commenting on what beautiful soil I have in my garden. Isn't that funny that soil can be beautiful?!?!

I love to add a little of this and that. I have picked up coffee grounds from coffee shops. Llama poop and many other kinds of poop. I always send our eggshells out with the kids to crush out in the garden. We also compost vegetable scraps.