Sunday, April 4, 2010

Kaylee's Pep Talk

Saturday morning Kaylee was helping Ashley get her shin guards and soccer shoes on.  I was folding clothes and listening in on their conversation.  Kaylee told Ashley, "Ash you have to play really hard.  Then it doesn't matter if you win or lose, YOU will feel good because you played your hardest"  I thought that was so cute.  She has probably heard that from her coach and liked it, so she was passing it on to her little sister.

Kaylee's game was two hours away up close to Cheyenne, Wyoming, and she ended up going with a friend.  As I was talking to the friend's mom she said, "If everyone would have hustled as much as Kaylee, we would have won the game."  Then another mom from Kaylee's team caught me later on that night and told me how hard Kaylee works in her games.

As I drove home I thought about what Kaylee was telling Ashley.  I think that it IS her little motto.  And yes she does always feel good whether they win or lose because of all she gives of herself during the game.

1 comment:

T.Irwin said...

what great advice in any facet of life, really.