Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Family Field Trip

Today we let the kids stay home from school for a little family field trip.  Someone sweet was on the ball, and got passes for us to tour ...

Tortillas_edited-1

Mission foods makes tortillas and chips for places like Taco Bell, Chipotle, Chili's and many others.  They also have chips and tortillas that we can buy in the stores.  Pueblo, Colorado has one of their factories and they alone produce 1.6 million tortillas a day.  Can you believe that, 1.6 million a day!?!?  Plus they are also busy making the colored chips for restaurants and regular corn chips.

I think that's what I enjoyed about the tour, that there were so many products being manufactured.

The smell of HOT fresh tortillas were in the air making us hungry.  We were able to eat tortillas on the way home because they handed out goody bags at the end.

Tortillas2

The tortillas were soooo soft.  I remember as a little girl going to the tortilla factory by my Grandma Coley's house.  The workers would give us scraps to eat.  Alesha and I still reminisce about it.

Anyway, two thumbs up for a fun day! 

Denver houses a Jolly Rancher, peanut butter, Wonder bread and a few other fun factories.  I think we might have to have a Day in Denver and tour factories.  Anyone want to go with us?  Let me know ...

5 comments:

Amber said...

that sounds so fun, we would love to tag along, let us know when you are planning on going.

angela said...

I just discovered your blog from a friend. You have a WONDERFUL blog and I just spent the last 2 hours going over older posts and copying fun holiday activities to my computer so I'd remember to do them. I also loved seeing your FHE posts. Thanks for sharing your family and ideas with us. You have a gift and my family will be better because you have been willing to share yours! Thanks!

Angela in Kentucky

Angie said...

We would enjoy that experience too! Thanks for the invite, we would love to come along. Just let me know.

When is Ashley's next soccer game?

Unknown said...

I would love to go on tour with you, I wish I was closer because that sounds like a lot of fun! Too bad ATL doesn't have any fun plants. Or do we?

T.Irwin said...

awesome! I didn't realize they were in Denver!

These are the ONLY chips we will eat - LOL! picky picky.