Thursday, April 1, 2010

One Last Prank Post

This April Fool's prank was a classic that my Grandma Jackie used to do.  I remember when I was a little girl and tasted the first one.  I couldn't resist sharing Grandma's little prank with my kids today.  The little girls were once again my accomplices. 
April Fools3
Yes they may appear like Easter nest cupcakes, but oh do appearances lie on April Fools.  We stuck cotton balls into the cupcake papers before we poured the batter into the cups.  By doing this you have perfect little cupcakes with quite a surprise center.   You won't lose teeth on these.
April Fools4
You will however feel like you have bitten into a hair ball.  I wish I could've taken a picture of the kids eating them afterschool, but that would have given it away to have my camera out.  "Mom, there's HAIR in my cupcake, like a lot of hair"  "Mom I don't like your Easter cupcakes....."  HA that's because they aren't Easter cupcakes, they are April Fool's cupcakes!

4 comments:

Katrine said...

Love it! I'll have to do this next year. We did meatloaf cupcakes with colored mashed potatoes for the frosting.

Unknown said...

That is so funny! Great prank!

katherinemarie said...

heheheheh... I love this idea!! I'm going to remember this for next year. :):)

T.Irwin said...

Okay this is the best April Fool's prank I've heard. I usually hate april fool's day jokes because people can be so mean, but this is too funny!

I will remember this next year :D