Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tea Party

A couple weeks ago Ashley begged Stephen and I to go up to her room for a tea party.  We were sooo surprised to see that she cleaned her room and see the care she had taken in setting her little table.  Of course we all thoroughly enjoyed it, especially Ash. 

Well, she proceeded to plan and talk about having another tea party for all of the family up in her room.  One day when she was talking about it we were shopping in Wal-Mart.  I decided then and there to make it a grand tea party.  We bought pink napkins and plates.  We bought those little pink waffer cookies.  We bought raspberry sherbet to make a drink.  She was soooo excited as we kept getting things for the tea party.

Tea Party2
And let me tell you the tea party was grand.  She cleaned her room once again and had every little chair that we own set up for everyone in our family.  Everyone kept complimenting her on her fancy tea party.  She beamed the entire time.  The older girls asked her for her Fancy Nancy drink recipe for their recipe binders, so we had to create a little recipe card for them.

Today as I was up there helping clean her room she asked if I would have a small tea party with her.  I couldn't resist pictures this time around.  She is just too into these little parties and I must journal this stage that she is in!

She had to talk on the phone while she was cooking (I kinda do that)Tea Party
Tea Party4_edited-2
And then the time slipped away as we were having our tea party and I had to go teach piano lessons.  She proceeded to pout on her bed.  I'm sure we will have yet ANOTHER tea party in the near future.
Tea Party3_edited-3
Ashley, thanks for all the tea parties lately!  You keep our family FANCY!

5 comments:

Maria Babin said...

I LOVE that she is stirring her food with a pink pen!
p.s. i changed my url to http://www.busyasabeeinparis.blogspot.com/

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

That's so adorable. I miss my little girls.

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

I can't remember how I found your blog- hopping around probably. I do remember that the post I first saw was of a fancy,family, home dinner that your kids did. I thought it was so sweet.

I'm Lisa by the way.

Maria Babin said...

http://busyasabeeinparis.blogspot.com/2010/04/myo-jean-beads-bag.html
Shauna, thanks for the vote of confidence! I made not just one but two jean beads bag for my girls!

T.Irwin said...

so cute!! When I have my niece over to my house for a weekend night, we call it and "Elise Weekend."

We had a tea party once, when she was younger. We put on dainty hats, and I have fancy, shiny scraves we used. I found a place that sells pink hot chocolate, so we used that for our 'tea.'

It is just a phase, but it's great you captured it. I think it's so sweet that all of your kids were complimenting her on her tea party.