Monday, October 19, 2009

Updates and Questions

I’ve had a couple of emails and calls:  I turned my cards into 8 1/2 x 11’s so that they would fit into a normal binder with normal sheet protectors. 

Oct 2009

Yes we DID do the hand bats for a FHE the first of this month.  My kids love pointing out which hands are which.  It’s just googley eyes and red pom pom noses.

Oct 2009 272

Then TWO questions that are ALWAYS asked -

When do you find time to blog?  I usually do it at night after the kids have gone to bed.  I think most of my posts are stamped at 11:00pm.  I’m in a routine and it usually takes only 10-30min, thanks to Windows Live Writer.

Why do you blog?   I have always enjoyed scrapbooking, but with this many kids my family scrapbook is hard to keep up with.  I find that blogging and printing it up in blurb makes it soooo easy.  Now to get each of my kids’ scrapbooks caught up!!!  So, basically I blog to keep a family journal.  The other reason is to keep friends and family caught up on what is going on at the Thompson’s.  Stephen even prints up blog pages at the library (because it’s FREE and in color, you know Stephen all about the FREE) and mails pages to his grandparents that are not computer literate. I guess I have one other reason, I enjoy sharing and getting ideas.

3 comments:

Becki Madsen said...

I love that story Shauna! Thanks for being so creative so I don't have too!

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Shauna, I am so glad you blog! I love checking it daily. It makes me feel not so far away!!

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

okay, what? i didn't know you could print off the blog...please...do tell me how to do it! i knew we could have it printed into book format but i doubt i'll ever get to do that! it's my only form of doing my family scrapbooking these days too!