Sunday, October 18, 2009

Soccer Thoughts

Becca Soccer_edited-2 copy

The above picture is my Becca.  I don’t think a game goes by that she doesn’t score a goal.  She has that “sturdy” body frame and has played so much with older siblings, that she is actually very good.

Interesting to note though, she does NOT jump up and down when she scores.  She doesn’t even smile!  Parents and her coach asked me a few games ago why she doesn’t show any emotion when she scores.  She has always done that and I had just become used to her reaction.  BUT I did question her on the way home from the game and this was her reply -

“Mom I am VERY excited inside, BUT I don’t want to make the other team sad that I scored a goal on them.  Whenever the other team scores a goal it makes me sad, and then I get even SADDER when they jump up and down and get excited.  I just don’t want to make them even sadder by me being happy at my goal.”

Isn’t that such girl with tender feelings for others?!?  I thought how she sure isn’t like me!  I tend to talk a little trash talk when I play basketball.  Maybe I need to take a lesson from my Becca.

No comments: